- Austin, TX
- Full Time
- Mid Level
SAFE seeks a full-time Executive Assistant. The Executive Assistant provides administrative support to members of SAFE’s Executive Leadership Team and in particular SAFE’s President. The Executive Assistant provides back up to the Executive Manager when they are not available and as needed.
- SAFE’s mission is our name: Stop Abuse For Everyone. We achieve our mission by acknowledging and responding to the intersection of child abuse, sexual assault, human trafficking, and domestic violence.
- The SAFE Alliance grew out of the courageous work of the Center for Battered Women, the Austin Rape Crisis Center, and the Austin Children’s Shelter, all respected, women-led human service agencies created by volunteers and informed by survivors who needed support, safety and justice.
- With over 20 programs and 400 staff, we have been serving the Austin community and beyond for over 30 years.
- The SAFE Alliance strongly encourages members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including Black, Indigenous, and people of color; LGBTQ+ identified people; gender-nonconforming people; individuals with disabilities; veterans; and people who speak a language in addition to English.
About this position:
- We need you to fill the role of Executive Assistant. This is a FULL TIME, EXEMPT position that will support SAFE’s President and assist other executive leaders with general administrative tasks. Salary will be $40,000 to $43,000 dependent on experience.
- Supports SAFE’s President and assists other executive leaders with general administrative tasks.
- Manages complex calendars and time sensitive scheduling requests.
- Creates agendas, sends meeting reminder, attends meetings, takes notes and sends follow up items.
- Assists with Board and Board committee meetings as assigned.
- Provides support for agency meetings.
- Assists with care of Office. Responsible for communicating about building needs, ordering office supplies and maintaining an organized work environment.
- Maintains high standards of confidentiality of any and all client, staff, and donor and private information.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three years’ experience in a fast-paced, high-demand administrative role required; working with executives preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED required; associates degree in Business Administration preferred.
- Must maintain flexibility and show demonstrated ability to take responsibility for a diverse number of projects and complete them in a timely manner with limited supervision.
- Excellent communication, writing and listening skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams) and Zoom with ability and willingness to learn new software.
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license and provide Department of Public Safety proof of driving record acceptable to agency insurers for the past three years.
- Pass all required criminal history background checks (including an FBI fingerprint check), as well a pre-employment drug screen and TB test.
- All employees are required to comply with policies regarding COVID-19, which may be subject to change. COVID vaccines are still highly recommended, and we encourage employees to get vaccinated if they are able.
About our benefits:
- Full-time employees receive employer paid health insurance, short-term disability, and life insurance.*
- Optional dental, vision and pet insurance.*
- 403(b) retirement plan with an employer match, and 15 days of Paid Time Off (PTO), 4 Personal Holidays, 7 Paid holidays, and more.*
- We’ll provide you with an amazing work environment where you’ll get to make a difference every day.
*Benefits are prorated based on date of hire and hours worked. Eligibility is dependent upon FTE, status, etc.
For the most up-to-date and comprehensive list of our job openings, please visit our career page.