Human Resources Administrative Assistant
- Austin, TX
- Full Time
- Human Resources
Human Resources Administrative Assistant
The SAFE Alliance Human Resources team seeks a full-time administrative assistant. The HR team at SAFE manages the recruitment, hiring, onboarding, compliance, benefits, and training processes for all staff at SAFE, and strives to maintain an organized, productive, healthy, and engaging environment for everyone in the organization.
- SAFE’s mission is our name: Stop Abuse For Everyone. We achieve our mission by acknowledging and responding to the intersection of child abuse, sexual assault, human trafficking, and domestic violence.
- The SAFE Alliance grew out of the courageous work of the Center for Battered Women, the Austin Rape Crisis Center, and the Austin Children’s Shelter, all respected, women-led human service agencies created by volunteers and informed by survivors who needed support, safety and justice.
- With over 20 programs and 400 staff, we have been serving the Austin community and beyond for over 30 years.
- The SAFE Alliance strongly encourages members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including: Black, Indigenous, and people of color; LGBTQ+ identified people; gender-nonconforming people; individuals with disabilities; veterans; and people who speak a language in addition to English.
About this position:
- We need you to fill the role of Human Resources Administrative Assistant. This is a FULL TIME, NON-EXEMPT position at our Rathgeber Village Campus. Due to COVID-19 precautions, this position will be partially working remotely, with the expectation that you are able to come to the office on a weekly basis to perform in-person duties. We will pay you a salary of $20/hour.
- Provide clerical support for the Chief Human Resources Officer.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation.
- Maintain employee information by entering and updating employment and status-change data in the human resources information system.
- Coordinate HR projects (meetings, training, surveys etc.) and take minutes.
- Assist with New Employee Orientation preparation and facilitation, as needed
- Answer employees’ questions and provide requested information.
- Answer telephone calls and provide needed information.
- Maintain schedule and coordinate calendar activities.
- Create reports for senior management.
- Prepare job offers and on-boarding for interns/staff.
- Process background checks for interns and employment verifications for staff.
- Perform periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- Process I-9’s through E-verify
- Update Human Resources section of the organization’s intranet
- Order supplies and process invoices for payment
- Reconcile credit card receipts and credit card logs
- Maintain the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
- Possess a High School Diploma or GED; Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Psychology or related field preferred; plus
- One year of relevant Human Resources experience and
- Three years’ experience in a fast-paced, high-demand administrative role
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent Verbal and written communication Skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn payroll management, human resource information system (HRIS), and similar computer applications.
- Pass all required criminal history background checks; have a valid Texas driver’s license and provide Department of Public Safety proof of driving record acceptable to agency insurers for the past three years; and must submit to pre-employment drug screen and TB text as well as random drug screens when directed.
About our benefits:
- Full-time employees receive employer paid health insurance, short-term disability, and life insurance. *
- Optional dental, vision and pet insurance. *
- 403(b) retirement plan with an employer match, and 15 days of Paid Time Off (PTO), 4 Personal Holidays, 7 Paid holidays, and more*
- We’ll provide you with an amazing work environment where you’ll get to make a difference every day.
*Benefits are prorated based on date of hire and hours worked. Eligibility is dependent upon FTE, status, etc.