Client Support Coordinator (Bilingual)
Client Support Coordinator (Bilingual)
Community Shelter seeks a bilingual full-time coordinator. The Client Support Coordinator is responsible for serving as a source of support for survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, human trafficking, or child abuse, living in the Community Shelter. Under the general direction of the Director of Community Shelter, they will provide admission support, coordination, and other client support services for the Community Shelter. This position may provide mobile services and the use of a personal vehicle and or the ability to drive a 15-passenger van is required.
- SAFE’s mission is our name: Stop Abuse for Everyone. We achieve our mission by acknowledging and responding to the intersection of child abuse, sexual assault, human trafficking, and domestic violence.
- The SAFE Alliance grew out of the courageous work of the Center for Battered Women, the Austin Rape Crisis Center, and the Austin Children’s Shelter, all respected, women-led human service agencies created by volunteers and informed by survivors who needed support, safety, and justice.
- With over 20 programs and 400 staff, we have been serving the Austin community and beyond for over 30 years.
- The SAFE Alliance strongly encourages members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including Black, Indigenous, and people of color; LGBTQ+ identified people; gender-nonconforming people; individuals with disabilities; veterans; and people who speak a language in addition to English.
About this position:
- We need you to fill the role of Community Shelter Client Support Coordinator. This is a full-time, non-exempt position at our Community Shelter. This program is currently using a scattered site model that will develop into a traditional shelter setting and will provide service delivery face to face, virtual, or a combination of both. We will pay you a hourly salary of $19.00 - $20.00 and a language differential of $1.73/hr. (applicants must be Bilingual in both the English and Spanish languages and able to communicate efficiently to clients about topics related to domestic violence). This is a 36-hour shift that will work Wednesday-Saturday from 8:00am-5:00pm.
- Provide direct services to victims of domestic abuse and their children including crisis intervention, safety planning, information, and referrals.
- Conducts intakes and assessments and coordinates admission into the Community Shelter Program. This includes admission requests from SAFELine, inquiries from internal SAFE programs and from external stakeholders.
- Answers Community Shelters support line for residents and provides emotional support, referrals, and resources.
- Maintain a safe environment by de-escalating or responding to crisis situations in a professional and respectful manner, engage the support of emergency services when needed, and document any such incidents according to the facility’s standards.
- Serves as a liaison between the clients, the Community Shelter Program and the Community Shelter partners.
- Conducts daily face-to-face check-ins with the clients in the shelter for safety.
- Works collaboratively with the other coordinators and program staff to meet the goals and the outcomes of the program.
- Establish and maintain expectations for cleanliness and conditions of the rooms with clients during their stay.
- Coordinate, deliver and distribute mail or other essential items to the clients.
- Completing all required data entry for clients, such as client service logs.
- Driving an agency van to help clients with transporting personal items to and from the Community Shelter Site.
- Possess a bachelor's degree in Social Work or related field or relevant life, work, or volunteer experience; may substitute equivalent work experience for education.
- 1 year of experience working families in crisis, preferably in a residential setting.
- Demonstrated skills in written and verbal communication in both the English and Spanish Language skills required.
- Work effectively under conditions of high stress and rapidly changing situations and circumstances.
- Effectively communicate with individuals of various socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.
- Understanding of domestic violence issues and victim’s needs.
- Ability to make decisions and exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to establish rapport, trust, and boundaries with clients.
- Ability to work as a member of a team as well as independently.
- Ability to use office equipment, Microsoft Office products, and other software on a PC platform to enter/update data into our database regularly.
- Pass all required criminal history background checks (including an FBI fingerprint check), as well as a pre-employment drug screen and TB test.
- Have a valid, State of Texas Driver’s License, AND at least three (3) consecutive years of driving experience OR one (1) year of driving experience if over 27 years of age; AND an acceptable driving record; AND if in possession of an out-of-state license, obtain a State of Texas Driver’s License within 90 days of beginning employment.
- All employees are required to comply with policies regarding COVID-19, which may be subject to change. COVID vaccines are still highly recommended, and we encourage employees to get vaccinated if they are able.
About our benefits:
- Full-time employees receive employer paid health insurance, short-term disability, and life insurance.*
- Optional dental, vision, and pet insurance.*
- 403(b) retirement plan with an employer match, and 15 days of Paid Time Off (PTO), 4 Personal Holidays, 7 Paid holidays, and more.*
- We’ll provide you with an amazing work environment where you will get to make a difference every day.
Please note: All new employees regardless of FTE status will be required to start their employment on either the 1st or 16th of the month and will be required to attend a three-day new employee orientation that is held both in-person and virtually.
*Benefits are prorated based on date of hire and hours worked. Eligibility is dependent upon FTE, status, etc.
For the most up-to-date and comprehensive list of our job openings, please visit our career page.