Resident Advisor (PT & PRN)
SAFE's Family Shelter seeks Resident Advisors, two positions are available. Resident Advisors serve to provide front desk coverage and respond to our survivors needs in the moment. They work to maintain a welcoming shelter to ensure a safe shelter environment for our survivors. SAFE's Kelly White Family Shelter is an emergency shelter for families and individuals of all genders escaping domestic and sexual violence.
- SAFE’s mission is our name: Stop Abuse For Everyone. We achieve our mission by acknowledging and responding to the intersection of child abuse, sexual assault, human trafficking, and domestic violence.
- The SAFE Alliance grew out of the courageous work of the Center for Battered Women, the Austin Rape Crisis Center, and the Austin Children’s Shelter, all respected, women-led human service agencies created by volunteers and informed by survivors who needed support, safety and justice.
- With over 20 programs and 400 staff, we have been serving the Austin community and beyond for over 30 years.
- The SAFE Alliance strongly encourages members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including people of color, LGBTQ+ identified people, gender-nonconforming people, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and people who speak a language in addition to English.
About this position:
- We need you to fill the role of Resident Advisor. We are offering two different shifts; part-time and PRN; both are non-exempt at our Grove campus Family Shelter. We will pay you an hourly salary starting at $19.00. Applicants bilingual in both the Spanish and English language will receive a $1.73 language differential.
- The shifts currently available are:
- Part Time, Weekends (Saturday & Sunday) 4pm-12am every weekend
- Part Time, Overnight & Weekend (Friday & Saturday) 11pm-7am every weekend
- PRN roles will also be pulled for these shifts
- Provides front desk coverage (answering incoming calls, responding to intercoms, assisting residents at front desk, etc.).
- Conduct client intakes and exits from shelter in accordance with Safe policies and procedures.
- Maintain a safe shelter environment by de-escalating or responding to crisis situations in a professional and respectful manner, engage the support of emergency services when needed, and document any such incidents according to the facility’s standards.
- Provide crisis intervention and resident assistance to those in the Family Shelter.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or a related field OR substitute 4 years relevant work, volunteer or life experience required.
- 1-2 years’ direct client or crisis intervention experience preferred.
- Experience working with domestic violence, sexual assault, human trafficking or homeless programs preferred.
- Ability to work in a high stress, fast-paced environment while maintaining a calm and professional demeanor.
- Ability to establish rapport, trust and boundaries with clients.
- Ability to use office equipment, Microsoft Office products, and other software on a PC platform to enter/update data into our database regularly.
- Pass all required criminal history background checks (including an FBI fingerprint check), as well a pre-employment drug screen and TB test.
- All employees are required to comply with policies regarding COVID-19, which may be subject to change. COVID vaccines are still highly recommended, and we encourage employees to get vaccinated if they are able.
About our benefits:
- Full-time employees receive employer paid health insurance, short-term disability, and life insurance.*
- Optional dental, vision and pet insurance.*
- 403(b) retirement plan with an employer match, and 15 days of Paid Time Off (PTO), 4 Personal Holidays, 7 Paid holidays, and more.*
- We’ll provide you with an amazing work environment where you’ll get to make a difference every day.
*Benefits are prorated based on date of hire and hours worked. Eligibility is dependent upon FTE, status, etc.
For the most up-do-date and comprehensive list of job openings at SAFE, please, visit our job board.