Planet SAFE Relief Guide - PRN
- Austin, TX
- Part Time
- Planet SAFE
Planet SAFE Relief Guide
Planet SAFE seeks a Planet SAFE Relief Guide to provide coverage for services when necessary. Planet SAFE offers supervised visitation and exchange services for families with a history of domestic violence, sexual assault, child abuse or stalking. The Planet SAFE Relief Guide may include supervising visitation between the non-custodial parent and child, facilitating exchanges of the child between the custodial and non-custodial parents, or operating the front desk during services.
- SAFE’s mission is our name: Stop Abuse for Everyone. We achieve our mission by acknowledging and responding to the intersection of child abuse, sexual assault, human trafficking, and domestic violence.
- The SAFE Alliance grew out of the courageous work of the Center for Battered Women, the Austin Rape Crisis Center, and the Austin Children’s Shelter, all respected, women-led human service agencies created by volunteers and informed by survivors who needed support, safety and justice.
- With over 20 programs and 400 staff, we have been serving the Austin community and beyond for over 30 years.
- The SAFE Alliance strongly encourages members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including people of color, LGBTQ+ identified people, gender-nonconforming people, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and people who speak a language in addition to English.
About this position:
- We need you to fill the role of Planet SAFE Relief Guide. This is a relief position at our Planet SAFE campus in downtown Austin, Texas. We will pay you an hourly rate of $20.00/hour.
- In the event relief services are needed at Planet SAFE, commit to being available a minimum of 4 days out of a month, 2 Saturday/Sunday, and 2 Monday/Friday. The Planet SAFE operating hours are:
- Friday 4 PM – 8 PM
- Saturday 10 AM – 4 PM
- Sunday 2 PM – 8 PM
- Monday 4 PM – 8 PM
- Assists parents and children throughout the process of Planet SAFE services including supervision of visitations between children and their visiting parent, and/or safe exchange services.
- Offers support to the reception and front desk, including answering phones, responding to email, coordinating entry and exit of Planet SAFE families, communicating updates to clients, and providing support to Planet SAFE staff as needed
- Make families and children feel welcomed and comfortable and be a positive presence to families.
- Have the ability to intervene and/or terminate visits or exchanges when needed, deescalate situations that may arise, and find common ground or acceptable alternative solutions to both parties.
- Maintain client physical and electronic case files with precision, timeliness, and accuracy.
- Demonstrate ability to manage emotions when faced with difficult situations, conflicts, complex family dynamics, or responding to clients who have experienced trauma, and respond with calm, care, and unconditional positive regard for children and survivors of violence.
- Possess an Associate’s degree in Social Work, Psychology or related field. This can be substituted by equivalent life, work or volunteer experience.
- Experience in a supervised visitation setting preferred.
- Bilingual English/Spanish written and spoken preferred, but not required.
- Demonstrate knowledge of domestic violence and sexual assault issues, and effects of trauma on survivors and children.
- Be available to work evenings and weekends per Planet SAFE operating hours.
- Pass all required criminal history background checks (including an FBI fingerprint check), as well a pre-employment drug screen and TB test.
- All employees are required to comply with policies regarding COVID-19, which may be subject to change. COVID vaccines are still highly recommended, and we encourage employees to get vaccinated if they are able.
About our benefits:
- Full-time employees receive employer paid health insurance, short-term disability, and life insurance.*
- Optional dental, vision and pet insurance.*
- 403(b) retirement plan with an employer match, and 15 days of Paid Time Off (PTO), 4 Personal Holidays, 7 Paid holidays, and more*
- We’ll provide you with an amazing work environment where you’ll get to make a difference every day.
*Benefits are prorated based on date of hire and hours worked. Eligibility is dependent upon FTE, status, etc.
For the most up-to-date and comprehensive list of our job openings, please visit our career page.