Foster & Adopt In Austin Case Manager
- Austin, TX
- Full Time
- Foster & Adopt in Austin
Foster and Adopt In Austin Case Manager
Foster and Adopt in Austin (FAIA) seeks a full-time case manager. FAIA provides foster care, adoption services, and kinship care to families in Central Texas using trauma informed, trust based curriculum. The Case Manager provides services to children and families in the program to support lasting, healing placements.
- SAFE’s mission is our name: Stop Abuse For Everyone. We achieve our mission by acknowledging and responding to the intersection of child abuse, sexual assault, human trafficking, and domestic violence.
- The SAFE Alliance grew out of the courageous work of the Center for Battered Women, the Austin Rape Crisis Center, and the Austin Children’s Shelter, all respected, women-led human service agencies created by volunteers and informed by survivors who needed support, safety and justice.
- With over 20 programs and 400 staff, we have been serving the Austin community and beyond for over 30 years.
- The SAFE Alliance strongly encourages members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including Black, Indigenous, and people of color; LGBTQ+ identified people; gender-nonconforming people; individuals with disabilities; veterans; and people who speak a language in addition to English.
About this position:
- We need you to fill the role of Case Manager. This is a FULL TIME, EXEMPT position at our Rathgeber Village location with expectation for remote work in our foster homes in Austin and surrounding areas. We will pay you an annual salary of $42,000-$44,000.
- Conduct visits with children and foster families in the foster home setting.
- Develop and coordinate treatment planning.
- Maintain thorough documentation in child and foster family files.
- Participate in court hearings, educational meetings, case planning meetings, etc.
- Provide on call services.
- Assess and monitor needs of children and foster families as well as compliance to DFPS, Contract, and YFT standards.
- Collaborate with other treatment team members including other FAIA staff and representatives from DFPS, Schools, CASA, Probation, etc.
- Advocate for children, act as resource to foster parents, providing training and consultation to foster parents when appropriate.
- Demonstrate ability to manage emotions and perform in high pressure situations with calm, care, and unconditional positive regard for children and families.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Human Services, or a Related Field.
- One year of experience in working with a similar population of children required, preferably in a treatment setting.
- Two years of child placing experience preferred.
- Training and experience using Trust Based Relational Intervention (TBRI) preferred.
- Pass all required criminal history background checks (including an FBI fingerprint check), as well a pre-employment drug screen and TB test.
- All employees are required to comply with policies regarding COVID-19, which may be subject to change. COVID vaccines are still highly recommended, and we encourage employees to get vaccinated if they are able.
About our benefits:
- Full-time employees receive employer paid health insurance, short-term disability, and life insurance.*
- Optional dental, vision and pet insurance.*
- 403(b) retirement plan with an employer match, and 15 days of Paid Time Off (PTO), 4 Personal Holidays, 7 Paid holidays, and more.*
- We’ll provide you with an amazing work environment where you’ll get to make a difference every day.
*Benefits are prorated based on date of hire and hours worked. Eligibility is dependent upon FTE, status, etc.
For the most up-to-date and comprehensive list of our job openings, please visit our career page.