The Therapeutic Services program is seeking a Therapist. This person serves as a specialist in the areas of domestic violence, sexual violence, child abuse and neglect and commercial sexual exploitation and trafficking and is a member of the SAFE Children’s Shelter Treatment Team. This position focuses primarily on providing therapy services (individual, family, and group services) to children/adolescents, adults and families who have been impacted by violence, including youth who are residing at the SAFE Children’s Shelter or in foster homes.
- SAFE’s mission is our name: Stop Abuse For Everyone. We achieve our mission by acknowledging and responding to the intersection of child abuse, sexual assault, human trafficking, and domestic violence.
- The SAFE Alliance grew out of the courageous work of the Center for Battered Women, the Austin Rape Crisis Center, and the Austin Children’s Shelter, all respected, women-led human service agencies created by volunteers and informed by survivors who needed support, safety and justice.
- With over 20 programs and 400 staff, we have been serving the Austin community and beyond for over 30 years.
- The SAFE Alliance strongly encourages members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including Black, Indigenous, and people of color; LGBTQ+ identified people; gender-nonconforming people; individuals with disabilities; veterans; and people who speak a language in addition to English.
About this position:
- We need you to fill the role of Therapist. This is a FULL TIME, EXEMPT position at our Rathgeber Village campus, with therapeutic services taking place in a combination of remotely via video, in person at the SAFE RV campus or in the community. We will pay you an annual salary of $53,000-$55,000.
- Provides client focused intake, clinical assessment, crisis intervention and ongoing individual, group, child and adolescent, and family counseling services to clients who have experienced domestic violence and sexual assault, child abuse and neglect or commercial sexual exploitation or trafficking.
- Maintain documentation of services provided using required case documentation format and with clinical and professional language.
- Crisis intervention services include suicide or other risk assessments and referral to psychiatric crisis services or other emergency services as appropriate.
- Use knowledge of the dynamics of domestic violence, sexual assault, child abuse and neglect, race based trauma and community resources to provide trauma informed therapeutic services and make referrals and clinical recommendations as appropriate.
- Collaborate and coordinate with a multi-disciplinary team made of up other professionals including supervisors, counselors/therapists, parent educators, case managers, psychiatrists, psychologists, lawyers and advocates.
- Possess a Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling, or related field AND professional clinical licensure in the state of Texas (LMSW, LCSW, LPC- Associate, LPC, LMFT-Associate, LMFT).
- Demonstrated knowledge or background in the topics of sexual assault, domestic violence, child abuse and neglect, commercial sex trafficking, race based trauma, poverty, and disabilities.
- Must have at least one year of experience providing therapeutic services to adults, children and families.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- Knowledge of dynamics of substance use/abuse, in particular in teens and of recovery support resources and information preferred.
- This position requires driving in between SAFE campuses and in the community as necessary, you must have at least three (3) consecutive years of driving experience OR one (1) year of driving experience if over 27 years of age.
- Pass all required criminal history background checks (including an FBI fingerprint check), as well a pre-employment drug screen and TB test.
- All employees are required to comply with policies regarding COVID-19, which may be subject to change. COVID vaccines are still highly recommended, and we encourage employees to get vaccinated if they are able.
About our benefits:
- Full-time employees receive employer paid health insurance, short-term disability, and life insurance.*
- Optional dental, vision and pet insurance.*
- 403(b) retirement plan with an employer match, and 15 days of Paid Time Off (PTO), 4 Personal Holidays, 7 Paid holidays, and more.*
- We’ll provide you with an amazing work environment where you’ll get to make a difference every day.
*Benefits are prorated based on date of hire and hours worked. Eligibility is dependent upon FTE, status, etc.
For the most up to date and comprehensive list of our job openings, please visit our career page.