SAFEline Advocate - Part Time - Bilingual
SAFEline Advocate – Part Time
SAFEline seeks a part time hotline advocate. The primary responsibilities of the SAFEline Advocate are to respond to hotline and chat clients that request emotional support, crisis intervention, safety planning, information, referrals and education around issues of sexual and domestic violence, child abuse, stalking and human trafficking.
- SAFE’s mission is our name: Stop Abuse For Everyone. We achieve our mission by acknowledging and responding to the intersection of child abuse, sexual assault, human trafficking, and domestic violence.
- The SAFE Alliance grew out of the courageous work of the Center for Battered Women, the Austin Rape Crisis Center, and the Austin Children’s Shelter, all respected, women-led human service agencies created by volunteers and informed by survivors who needed support, safety and justice.
- With over 20 programs and 400 staff, we have been serving the Austin community and beyond for over 30 years.
- The SAFE Alliance strongly encourages members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including Black, Indigenous, and people of color; LGBTQ+ identified people; gender-nonconforming people; individuals with disabilities; veterans; and people who speak a language in addition to English.
About this position:
- We need you to fill the role of SAFEline Advocate. This is a PART-TIME, NON-EXEMPT REMOTE TELEWORK position. While this position is a telework position, all SAFE employees must reside in the greater Austin Metropolitan area. We will pay you an hourly salary of $19 - $20.
- Current available shifts include:
- Monday through Friday 4pm - 8pm
- Work primarily on crisis intervention hotline, chatline and text line.
- Facilitate connection to SAFE programs.
- Crisis Intervention and referrals.
- Coordinate shelter admissions.
- Safety planning/Lethality Assessment.
- Provide emotional support to survivors of sexual and domestic violence, stalking, child abuse and human trafficking/exploitation.
- Collaborate regularly with a team of advocates and service providers.
- Communicate effectively across remote platforms.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, or related field; OR sufficient relevant work or volunteer experience to substitute.
- 1+ years crisis intervention experience.
- 1+ years providing hotline or chat services preferred.
- Experience working with remote teams.
- Bilingual Required (English/Spanish)
- Experience successfully navigating between different information systems and tech platforms.
- Pass all required criminal history background checks (including an FBI fingerprint check), as well a pre-employment drug screen and TB test.
- All employees are required to comply with policies regarding COVID-19, which may be subject to change. COVID vaccines are still highly recommended, and we encourage employees to get vaccinated if they are able.
About our benefits:
- Full-time employees receive employer paid health insurance, short-term disability, and life insurance. *
- Optional dental, vision and pet insurance. *
- 403(b) retirement plan with an employer match, and 15 days of Paid Time Off (PTO), 4 Personal Holidays, 7 Paid holidays, and more*
- We’ll provide you with an amazing work environment where you’ll get to make a difference every day.
*Benefits are prorated based on date of hire and hours worked. Eligibility is dependent upon FTE, PT status, etc.
For the most up-to-date and comprehensive list of our job openings, please visit our career page.