Accounting Coordinator I
Accounting Coordinator I
The SAFE Alliance seeks a full-time Accounting Coordinator. Position is responsible for post-award administration of governmental grants and assisting in completion of financial duties related to grant management.
- SAFE’s mission is our name: Stop Abuse For Everyone. We achieve our mission by acknowledging and responding to the intersection of child abuse, sexual assault, human trafficking, and domestic violence.
- The SAFE Alliance grew out of the courageous work of the Center for Battered Women, the Austin Rape Crisis Center, and the Austin Children’s Shelter, all respected, women-led human service agencies created by volunteers and informed by survivors who needed support, safety and justice.
- With over 20 programs and 400 staff, we have been serving the Austin community and beyond for over 30 years.
- The SAFE Alliance strongly encourages members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including Black, Indigenous, and people of color; LGBTQ+ identified people; gender-nonconforming people; individuals with disabilities; veterans; and people who speak a language in addition to English.
About this position:
- We need you to fill the role of Accounting Coordinator I. This is a full time, non-exempt position at our headquarters located at our Rathgeber Village campus in Austin with potential for hybrid work. Salary will be $55,000 to $60,000 depending on experience.
- Implementation of grant awards, monitoring expenses, financial reporting, and closeout while utilizing internal controls.
- Budget development and coordination with other agency staff to assist in grant application processes.
- Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, communication and coordination with program staff regarding funding changes and/or questions, producing documents needed by management and development staff to ensure best utilization of grant resources, assist with various funding agency site visits, and support other members of the finance staff as needs arise.
- Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience in a related position.
- Knowledge of governmental and philanthropic grant programs with relevant job experience is a plus.
- Good working knowledge of accounting software capabilities.
- Demonstrates appropriate skill level and capability in the operation of computers and general office software programs, including word-processing, spread-sheets, and database software as required in the finance department.
- Excellent attention to detail, producing accurate work and maintaining neat, well-organized records.
- Able to maintain flexibility in a work environment that may require frequent interruptions, multiple and changing priorities. Use strong organizational and problem solving skills to take responsibility for a diverse number of projects and complete them in a timely manner with limited supervision, and works as an effective team member.
- Ability to take initiative in addressing issues that need improvement while working unsupervised with effective communication.
- Excellent collaborative skills.
- Pass all required criminal history background checks (including an FBI fingerprint check), as well a pre-employment drug screen and TB test.
- All employees are required to comply with policies regarding COVID-19, which may be subject to change. COVID vaccines are still highly recommended, and we encourage employees to get vaccinated if they are able.
About our benefits:
- Full-time employees receive employer paid health insurance, short-term disability, and life insurance.*
- Optional dental, vision and pet insurance.*
- 403(b) retirement plan with an employer match, and 15 days of Paid Time Off (PTO), 4 Personal Holidays, 7 Paid holidays, and more.*
- We’ll provide you with an amazing work environment where you’ll get to make a difference every day.
*Benefits are prorated based on date of hire and hours worked. Eligibility is dependent upon FTE, status, etc.
For the most up-to-date and comprehensive list of our job openings, please visit our career page.