Family Resource Center Case Manager (Bilingual)
Family Resource Center Case Manager (Bilingual)
Family Resource Center Case Manager is responsible for the delivery of case management services to families receiving support services through the Family Resource Center, by helping them obtain information and referrals for resources that will increase their self-sufficiency skills and allow them to engage in services more easily. The position will also provide services and referrals to community collaboration and partnerships and engage in program outreach and recruitment activities.
- SAFE’s mission is our name: Stop Abuse For Everyone. We achieve our mission by acknowledging and responding to the intersection of child abuse, sexual assault, human trafficking, and domestic violence.
- The SAFE Alliance grew out of the courageous work of the Center for Battered Women, the Austin Rape Crisis Center, and the Austin Children’s Shelter, all respected, women-led human service agencies created by volunteers and informed by survivors who needed support, safety and justice.
- With over 20 programs and 400 staff, we have been serving the Austin community and beyond for over 30 years.
- The SAFE Alliance strongly encourages members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including Black, Indigenous, and people of color; LGBTQ+ identified people; gender-nonconforming people; individuals with disabilities, as well as lived experience, veterans; and people who speak a language in addition to English.
About this position:
- We need you to fill the role of Family Resource Center Case Manager (Bilingual Required). This is a full-time exempt position that serves in a hybrid capacity between our Family Resource Center at Dobie Elementary School and remote/virtual work. Travel locally to governmental and partner organizations/schools is expected. The salary for this position is $42,000 - $44,00 and a $3,600 bilingual differential is availaible dependent on experience.
- Assists families in identifying participant-focused goals to overcome barriers and meet families identified needs.
- Provides short- and long-term case management, including support with resources and referrals, to parents engaged with the Family Resource Center.
- Connect with representatives at local community organizations to build partnerships for program recruitment.
- Maintains required documentation for resources provided to clients including but not limited to tracking basic needs assistance provided to clients and adhering to grant requirements related to basic needs assistance.
- Maintains current information about local social service agencies; medical, legal, housing, transportation, financial support/funding options, crisis services, educational, employment, mental health, childcare, and others.
- Bachelor’s Degree in early childhood development, social work, or a related field. A minimum of four years of case management and/or direct client experience may be substituted for bachelor’s degree. In addition, 2 years of experience working with vulnerable or at-risk families is required.
- Bilingual required, English and Spanish
- Has valid driver’s license, access to a vehicle, and insurance as a driver.
- Is available to provide services in the home, during evenings and/or weekends (as needed), and on an emergency basis.
- Pass all required criminal history background checks (including an FBI fingerprint check), as well pre-employment drug screen and TB test.
- All employees are required to comply with policies regarding COVID-19, which may be subject to change. COVID vaccines are still highly recommended, and we encourage employees to get vaccinated if they are able.
- Have a valid, State of Texas Driver’s License, and:
- At least three (3) consecutive years of driving experience OR one (1) year of driving experience if over 27 years of age; AND an acceptable driving record. If in possession of an out-of-state license, obtain a State of Texas Driver’s License within 90 days of beginning employment.
About our benefits:
- Full-time employees receive employer paid health insurance, short-term disability, and life insurance.*
- Optional dental, vision, and pet insurance.*
- 403(b) retirement plan with an employer match, and 15 days of Paid Time Off (PTO), 4 Personal Holidays, 7 Paid holidays, and more.*
- We’ll provide you with an amazing work environment where you’ll get to make a difference every day.
Please Note: All new employees regardless of status will be required to start their employment on either the 1st or 16th of the month and will be required to attend a three-day new employee orientation that is held both in-person and virtually the first three days of the month.
*Benefits are prorated based on date of hire and hours worked. Eligibility is dependent upon FTE, status, etc.
For the most up-to-date and comprehensive list of our job openings, please visit our career page.