Forensic Nurse (PRN)
- Austin, TX
- Part Time
- Forensic Nursing and Advocacy
Forensic Nurse (PRN)
SEXUAL ASSAULT SERVICES seeks PRN forensic nurses. The Sexual Assault Services department responds 24/7 to people who have recently experienced a sexual assault with medical care, evidence collection, referrals, and case management. These patient centered, trauma informed services are delivered by a team that focuses on robust informed consent and patient autonomy.
SAFE’s mission is our name: Stop Abuse For Everyone. We achieve our mission by acknowledging and responding to the intersection of child abuse, sexual assault, human trafficking, and domestic violence.
About this position:
We need you to fill the role of Forensic Nurse. This is a mostly nights and weekends PRN position primarily at our clinic in southeast Austin and includes hospitals in Travis, Williamson, Hays, and Burnet Counties. We will pay you $350/exam and $2/hour on call plus mileage.
- Provide timely, non-judgmental, compassionate care to patients requesting medical forensic examination after a recent sexual assault
- Offer prophylaxis for pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections when indicated
- Photo documentation
- Offer referrals for appropriate medical, legal, and psychological follow-up
- Participate in legal proceedings including trial prep and testimony
- Possess a Texas or compact state RN license
- Have at least two years' nursing experience
- Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner certification with the Texas Office of the Attorney General or the International Association of Forensic Nurses or ability to certify with either
- Pass all required criminal history background checks (including an FBI fingerprint check), as well as submit to a pre-employment drug screen and TB test.
- Adhere to our Guiding Principles, Mission, Core Competencies and Confidentiality Policy.
About our benefits:
- Full-time employees receive employer paid health insurance, short-term disability, and life insurance. *
- Optional dental, vision and pet insurance. *
- 403(b) retirement plan with an employer match, and 15 days of Paid Time Off (PTO), 4 Personal Holidays, 6 Paid holidays, and more*
- We’ll provide you with an amazing work environment where you’ll get to make a difference every day.
- All SAFE employees are eligible to enroll their children in our Trauma-Informed Early Childhood Program (ages 3 months to 5 years, space permitting).
*Benefits are prorated based on date of hire and hours worked. Eligibility is dependent upon FTE, status, etc.
- The SAFE Alliance grew out of the courageous work of the Center for Battered Women, the Austin Rape Crisis Center, and the Austin Children’s Shelter, all respected, women-led human service agencies created by volunteers and informed by survivors who needed support, safety and justice.
- With over 20 programs and 400 staff, we have been serving the Austin community and beyond for over 30 years.
- The SAFE Alliance strongly encourages members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including people of color, LGBTQ+ identified people, gender-nonconforming people, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and people who speak a language in addition to English.