Planet SAFE Manager
Planet SAFE Manager
Planet SAFE seeks a full-time Manager. Planet SAFE is a program of the SAFE Alliance, and provides supervised visitation and exchange services to families with a history of domestic or sexual violence, or child abuse. The manager oversees and supervises five (5) part-time staff members, relief staff and volunteers. The manager oversees Planet SAFE program operations, grant reporting, budgeting, and client services, and is the lead representative for the Planet SAFE Consulting Committee, comprised of community partners.
- SAFE’s mission is our name: Stop Abuse for Everyone. We achieve our mission by acknowledging and responding to the intersection of child abuse, sexual assault, human trafficking, and domestic violence.
- The SAFE Alliance grew out of the courageous work of the Center for Battered Women, the Austin Rape Crisis Center, and the Austin Children’s Shelter, all respected, women-led human service agencies created by volunteers and informed by survivors who needed support, safety and justice.
- With over 20 programs and 400 staff, we have been serving the Austin community and beyond for over 30 years.
- The SAFE Alliance strongly encourages members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including Black, Indigenous, and people of color; LGBTQ+ identified people; gender-nonconforming people; individuals with disabilities; veterans; and people who speak a language in addition to English.
About this position:
- We need you to fill the role of Planet SAFE Manager. This is a full-time, exempt position at our Planet SAFE building located in downtown Austin. This job requires no travel, however, requires in-person service delivery and is not a remote position. We will pay you an annual salary of $41,000-$43,000, plus an annual language stipend if applicable.
- Coordinate referral and intake process, schedule intake appointments and assign families to Planet SAFE Guides for orientation and services.
- Maintain waitlist and report to grant and community stakeholders on availability of services.
- Provide training, support, and supervision to Family Guides.
- Communicate with Planet SAFE families regarding services, questions, complaints and concerns.
- Coordinate with the Director of Legal Services and Legal Advocacy team regarding Planet SAFE referrals and assist with training as needed.
- Communicate with courts and referral sources on regular and consistent basis.
- Provide training to community partners about the Planet SAFE Program as requested.
- Lead quarterly Planet SAFE Consulting Committee meetings by setting agenda and facilitating questions and discussion with community partners.
- Participate in regularly scheduled conference calls and trainings with Planet SAFE’s Technical Assistance providers.
- Complete all requisite paperwork for program and grant compliance including managing program data entry and client files.
- Manage building operations, safety and security needs in a separate downtown campus of the SAFE Alliance.
- Evaluate Planet SAFE program policies and procedures and update as needed.
- Be willing and able to work evenings and weekends, in addition to some standard business hours.
- The Planet SAFE operating hours are:
- Friday: 4 PM – 8 PM
- Saturday: 10 AM – 4 PM
- Sunday: 2 PM – 8 PM
- Monday: 4 PM – 8 PM
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Education or related field. This can be substituted by equivalent life, work, or volunteer experience.
- Have 1-2 years relevant experience serving survivors of violence; experience with supervised visitations is a plus.
- Supervisor or program management experience strongly preferred.
- Preferred bilingual in Spanish and English, those who qualify will be compensated with an additional annual language stipend.
- Demonstrate knowledge of domestic violence and sexual assault issues.
- Be able to work evenings and weekends.
- Pass all required criminal history background checks (including an FBI fingerprint check), as well a pre-employment drug screen and TB test.
- All employees are required to comply with policies regarding COVID-19, which may be subject to change. COVID vaccines are still highly recommended, and we encourage employees to get vaccinated if they are able.
About our benefits:
- Full-time employees receive employer paid health insurance, short-term disability, and life insurance.*
- Optional dental, vision and pet insurance.*
- 403(b) retirement plan with an employer match, and 15 days of Paid Time Off (PTO), 4 Personal Holidays, 7 Paid holidays, and more.*
- We’ll provide you with an amazing work environment where you’ll get to make a difference every day.
Please note: All new employees regardless of FTE status will be required to start their employment on either the 1st or 16th of the month and will be required to attend a three-day new employee orientation that is held both in-person and virtually.
*Benefits are prorated based on date of hire and hours worked. Eligibility is dependent upon FTE, status, etc.
For the most up-to-date and comprehensive list of our job openings, please visit our career page.