Shelter Advocacy Case Aide
- Austin, TX
- Part Time
- Family Shelter
Shelter Advocacy Case Aide
The Shelter Advocacy Program seeks a part-time Shelter Advocacy Case Aide. The Shelter Advocacy Case Aide helps support the team of Shelter Advocates in our Family Shelter as they provide crisis intervention, advocacy and short-term case management services.
- SAFE’s mission is our name: Stop Abuse For Everyone. We achieve our mission by acknowledging and responding to the intersection of child abuse, sexual assault, human trafficking, and domestic violence.
- The SAFE Alliance grew out of the courageous work of the Center for Battered Women, the Austin Rape Crisis Center, and the Austin Children’s Shelter, all respected, women-led human service agencies created by volunteers and informed by survivors who needed support, safety and justice.
- With over 20 programs and 400 staff, we have been serving the Austin community and beyond for over 30 years.
- The SAFE Alliance strongly encourages members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including Black, Indigenous, and people of color; LGBTQ+ identified people; gender-nonconforming people; individuals with disabilities; veterans; and people who speak a language in addition to English.
About this position:
- We need you to fill the role of SHELTER ADVOCACY CASE AIDE. This is a PART TIME, NON-EXEMPT position at THE KELLY WHITE FAMILY SHELTER LOCATED AT OUR GROVE CAMPUS. We will pay you an hourly salary of $19.00.
- Provide trauma informed services to those we serve and help support survivors living in our family shelter with any basic needs, communal living issues, safety planning and help them access internal and external services with the guidance of the assigned Shelter Advocate.
- Maintain excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage details and multiple priorities effectively and possess the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Possess exceptional communication and listening skills to effectively be part of an interdisciplinary team working tirelessly to support those we serve.
- Support the Shelter Advocates with administrative tasks related to client advocacy work.
- Help carry a small client caseload as needed during the summer time.
- Help support other shelter programs as needed, including covering the front desk.
- Knowledge of issues and systems related to domestic violence, sexual abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and homelessness preferred.
- Possess a BACHELOR’S DEGREE in SOCIAL WORK OR RELATED FIELD.
- One year experience in human services is required; however, two years of professional experience in human services may be substituted for each year of bachelor’s level education.
- Have a valid Texas driver’s license and provide Department of Public Safety proof of driving record acceptable to agency insurers for the past three years.
- Pass all required criminal history background checks (including an FBI fingerprint check), as well a pre-employment drug screen and TB test.
- All employees are required to comply with policies regarding COVID-19, which may be subject to change. COVID vaccines are still highly recommended, and we encourage employees to get vaccinated if they are able.
About our benefits:
- Full-time employees receive employer paid health insurance, short-term disability, and life insurance.*
- Optional dental, vision and pet insurance.*
- 403(b) retirement plan with an employer match, and 15 days of Paid Time Off (PTO), 4 Personal Holidays, 7 Paid holidays, and more.*
- We’ll provide you with an amazing work environment where you’ll get to make a difference every day.
*Benefits are prorated based on date of hire and hours worked. Eligibility is dependent upon FTE, status, etc.
For the most up-to-date and comprehensive list of our job openings, please visit our career page.