Facilities Technician - Entry
Facilities Technician - Entry
SAFE Facilities Department seeks a full-time Entry Level Facilities Technician to maintain and upkeep our facilities, equipment, grounds, and vehicles for our agency.
- SAFE’s mission is our name: Stop Abuse For Everyone. We achieve our mission by acknowledging and responding to the intersection of child abuse, sexual assault, human trafficking, and domestic violence.
- The SAFE Alliance grew out of the courageous work of the Center for Battered Women, the Austin Rape Crisis Center, and the Austin Children’s Shelter, all respected, women-led human service agencies created by volunteers and informed by survivors who needed support, safety and justice.
- With over 20 programs and 400 staff, we have been serving the Austin community and beyond for over 30 years.
- The SAFE Alliance strongly encourages members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including Black, Indigenous, and people of color; LGBTQ+ identified people; gender-nonconforming people; individuals with disabilities; veterans; and people who speak a language in addition to English.
About this position:
- We need you to fill the role of Facilities Technician. This is a FULL TIME, NON-EXEMPT position at our all our campuses AND ensure a high quality of work has been performed. We will pay you an hourly salary of $20-$22 depending on experience. The position primarily works Monday - Friday, 7am - 3pm and is on-call every 4th week for both nights and weekends.
- Maintain the operational function of facilities, equipment, grounds, and vehicles on all SAFE’s campuses.
- Performs repairs to SAFE facilities. Minor carpentry, painting, plumbing, HVAC, electrical using hand and light power tools.
- Inspect vacated units and perform duties to restore units to “make-ready” status.
- Work with other members of the Facilities Department to complete tasks.
- Maintain a safe work environment for staff and clients.
- Must possess a High School Diploma.
- 1+ year of hands on work experience.
- Repair experience preferred.
- This is a position that requires driving, therefore you must have:
- at least three (3) consecutive years of driving experience OR one (1) year of driving experience if over 27 years of age.
- Have a valid Texas driver’s license AND be able to provide Department of Public Safety proof of driving record acceptable to agency insurers for the past three years.
- Pass all required criminal history background checks (including an FBI fingerprint check), as well a pre-employment drug screen and TB test.
- All employees are required to comply with policies regarding COVID-19, which may be subject to change. COVID vaccines are still highly recommended, and we encourage employees to get vaccinated if they are able.
About our benefits:
- Full-time employees receive employer paid health insurance, short-term disability, and life insurance.*
- Optional dental, vision and pet insurance.*
- 403(b) retirement plan with an employer match, and 15 days of Paid Time Off (PTO), 4 Personal Holidays, 7 Paid holidays, and more.*
- We’ll provide you with an amazing work environment where you’ll get to make a difference every day.
*Benefits are prorated based on date of hire and hours worked. Eligibility is dependent upon FTE, status, etc.
For the most up-to-date and comprehensive list of our job openings, please visit our career page.