Operations Associate & Receptionist
Operations Associate & Receptionist
The Operations Team seeks a full-time Operations Associate & Receptionist. The Receptionist is responsible for differing clerical duties that change with the needs of the agency. Clerical duties can include filing, sorting, creating binders, scanning, copying, or organizing. The Operations Associate & Receptionist will need reliable transportation to cover duties for picking up agency bus passes or weekly mail runs. They will also act as the backup receptionist and provide support as needed within the Operations team.
- SAFE’s mission is our name: Stop Abuse For Everyone. We achieve our mission by acknowledging and responding to the intersection of child abuse, sexual assault, human trafficking, and domestic violence.
- The SAFE Alliance grew out of the courageous work of the Center for Battered Women, the Austin Rape Crisis Center, and the Austin Children’s Shelter, all respected, women-led human service agencies created by volunteers and informed by survivors who needed support, safety, and justice.
- With over 20 programs and 400 staff, we have been serving the Austin community and beyond for over 30 years.
- The SAFE Alliance strongly encourages members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including Black, Indigenous, and people of color; LGBTQ+ identified people; gender-nonconforming people; individuals with disabilities; veterans; and people who speak a language in addition to English.
About this position:
- We need you to fill the role of Receptionist, a full-time, non-exempt position based at our Grove Blvd Campus. We will pay you an hourly salary of $20.00 with an additional bilingual differential of $1.73/hour.
- The weekly schedule for this position will vary; there will NOT be a set schedule from week to week. When possible, hours will be planned in advance to cover staffing outages (i.e. vacations, planned time off) and you may be asked to consider schedule changes with short notice due to unexpected staff shortages. Most work hours will occur between 8am-8pm, Monday through Friday.
- Providing a safe, comfortable, and nurturing environment.
- Cover front desk duties when needed. Answer multi-line telephone system and accurately transfer calls to the appropriate person, department, or voice mailbox.
- Greet persons entering the establishment, determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct or escort them to specific destinations.
- Making sure the front desk and lobby are neat and orderly.
- Sorting and distributing incoming mail between all campuses.
- Maintain inventory of agency office supplies.
- Follows all safety and security protocols at each campus.
- Provide as-needed support to the Operations team.
- Must possess a High School diploma or GED.
- 3-year experience in a fast-paced, high-demand administrative role; or any equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Experience working in social services or nonprofit settings is preferred.
- Bilingual Spanish Speaking required.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and adjust to organizational needs with flexibility and resilience.
- Pass all required criminal history background checks possibly including an FBI fingerprint check, as well a pre-employment drug screen and TB test (if applicable).
- Have a valid, State of Texas Driver’s License, and at least three (3) consecutive years of driving experience OR one (1) year of driving experience if over 27 years of age.
- All employees are required to comply with policies regarding COVID-19, which may be subject to change. COVID vaccines are still highly recommended, and we encourage employees to get vaccinated if they are able.
About our benefits:
- Full-time employees receive employer paid health insurance, short-term disability, and life insurance. *
- Optional dental, vision, and pet insurance. *
- 403(b) retirement plan with an employer match, and 15 days of Paid Time Off (PTO), 4 Personal Holidays, 8 Paid holidays, and more. *
- We’ll provide you with an amazing work environment where you’ll get to make a difference every day.
Please Note: All new employees regardless of employment status will be required to start their employment on either the 1st or 16th of the month and will be required to attend a three-day new employee orientation that is held both in-person and virtually on the first three days of the month.
*Benefits are prorated based on date of hire and hours worked. Eligibility is dependent upon FTE, status, etc.
For the most up-to-date and comprehensive list of our job openings, please visit our career page.