Rapid Rehousing Advocate
Rapid Rehousing Advocate
The Rapid Rehousing Program Advocate provides individual case management; conducts outreach and intake; provides rental assistance and support services; and works to ensure we provide trauma-responsive, client-centered, and culturally-grounded services to homeless survivors of domestic and sexual violence, human trafficking, and child abuse.
- SAFE’s mission is our name: Stop Abuse For Everyone. We achieve our mission by acknowledging and responding to the intersection of child abuse, sexual assault, human trafficking, and domestic violence.
- The SAFE Alliance grew out of the courageous work of the Center for Battered Women, the Austin Rape Crisis Center, and the Austin Children’s Shelter, all respected, women-led human service agencies created by volunteers and informed by survivors who needed support, safety and justice.
- With over 20 programs and 400 staff, we have been serving the Austin community and beyond for over 30 years.
- The SAFE Alliance strongly encourages members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including Black, Indigenous, and people of color; LGBTQ+ identified people; gender-nonconforming people; individuals with disabilities; veterans; and people who speak a language in addition to English.
About this position:
- We need you to fill the role of Rapid Rehousing Advocate. This is a full time, non-exempt position at our Grove Blvd. Campus and serving clients housed in the community. We will pay you an annual salary of $42,000-44,000.
- Responsible for outreach, intake, assessment, and creation of a service plan with survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, and/or human trafficking who are experiencing homelessness.
- Provide client-driven, trauma-informed case management and service coordination to clients living in scattered-site housing in the community.
- Offer clients empowerment-based skill building necessary to achieve self-sufficiency.
- Collect income verification, calculate client rent contribution, process rental assistance requests, and provide financial education and budgeting support in an engaging and accessible manner.
- Work closely in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team of service providers.
- Develop contacts with public and private agencies that provide essential services.
- Minimum of B.S. in Social Work or related field or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Reliable transportation is required, this position will conduct regular home visits and community-based services.
- Must have a valid, State of Texas Driver’s License, and at least three (3) consecutive years of driving experience OR one (1) year of driving experience if over 27 years of age; AND an acceptable driving record; AND if in possession of an out-of-state license, obtain a State of Texas Driver’s License within 90 days of beginning employment.
- Experience providing direct service advocacy or case management services required.
- Knowledge of domestic and sexual violence, human trafficking, and child abuse required; familiarity with risk assessment and safety planning required.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- Pass all required criminal history background checks (including an FBI fingerprint check), as well a pre-employment drug screen and TB test.
- All employees are required to comply with policies regarding COVID-19, which may be subject to change. COVID vaccines are still highly recommended, and we encourage employees to get vaccinated if they are able.
About our benefits:
- Full-time employees receive employer paid health insurance, short-term disability, and life insurance.*
- Optional dental, vision and pet insurance.*
- 403(b) retirement plan with an employer match, and 15 days of Paid Time Off (PTO), 4 Personal Holidays, 7 Paid holidays, and more.*
- We’ll provide you with an amazing work environment where you’ll get to make a difference every day.
Please Note: All new employees regardless of FTE status will be required to start their employment on either the 1st or 16th of the month and will be required to attend a three-day new employee orientation that is held both in-person and virtually.
*Benefits are prorated based on date of hire and hours worked. Eligibility is dependent upon FTE, status, etc.
For the most up-to-date and comprehensive list of our job openings, please visit our career page.