Senior Director of Marketing & Communications
Senior Director of Marketing & Communications
The Senior Director of Marketing & Communications is a visionary with the confidence to lead our Marketing & Communications team. The SDMC will work with the President to develop and implement a strategic branding, marketing, and communications effort that will respond to evolving needs and priorities, and multiple audiences. This position uses best practices and analytics to drive strategy and allocate resources in the areas they manage.
- SAFE’s mission is our name: Stop Abuse For Everyone. We achieve our mission by acknowledging and responding to the intersection of child abuse, sexual assault, human trafficking, and domestic violence.
- The SAFE Alliance grew out of the courageous work of the Center for Battered Women, the Austin Rape Crisis Center, and the Austin Children’s Shelter, all respected, women-led human service agencies created by volunteers and informed by survivors who needed support, safety, and justice.
- With over 30 programs and 400 staff, we have been serving the Austin community and beyond for nearly 50 years.
- The SAFE Alliance strongly encourages members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including Black, Indigenous, and people of color; LGBTQ+ identified people; gender-nonconforming people; individuals with disabilities; veterans; and people who speak a language in addition to English.
About this position:
- We need you to fill the role of Senior Director of Marketing and Communications. This is a full-time exempt position at our Rathgeber Village Campus (4800 Manor Road) with potential for hybrid work. We will pay you an annual salary of $70,000-$75,000 depending on your experience.
- Leads the marketing and communications team which includes a Graphic Designer and two Communications Coordinators, interns and volunteers.
- Develop and execute creative internal and external communication strategies incorporating data driven best practices and metrics.
- Directs SAFE’s external messaging through marketing and public relations, media representation and online presence.
- Works with innovative staff and department leads to create compelling copy for agency wide and program specific materials that are inclusive to the people we serve.
- Works with the Marketing & Communications team to build relationships with local and national media and ensures accurate representation of our mission, vision, and guiding principles to the media.
- Works with the President to develop and maintain annual departmental goals and a process for monthly and annual reporting on the goals.
- Integrate inclusive strategies and best practices into our marketing and communications work.
- Effectively organizes work to meet frequent and/or multiple deadlines, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and manage conflicting priorities and demands.
- Five to eight years of experience in communications and marketing, including experience in media relations and social media.
- Three years experience effectively managing staff.
- Experience working in a non-profit organization is preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of a personal computer and in the use of marketing and database software.
- Ability to analyze problems and devise effective solutions based on sound judgement.
- Pass all required criminal history background checks (including an FBI fingerprint check), as well as a pre-employment drug screen and TB test.
- All new employees are required to comply with policies regarding COVID-19, which may be subject to change. COVID vaccines are still highly recommended, and we encourage employees to get vaccinated if they are able.
About our benefits:
- Full-time employees receive employer-paid health insurance, short-term disability, and life insurance.*
- Optional dental, vision, and pet insurance.*
- 403(b) retirement plan with an employer match, and 15 days of Paid Time Off (PTO), 4 Personal Holidays, 7 Paid Holidays, and more.*
- We’ll provide you with an amazing work environment where you’ll get to make a difference every day.
Please note: All new employees regardless of FTE status will be required to start their employment on either the 1st or 16th of the month and will be required to attend a three-day new employee orientation that is held both in-person and virtually.
*Benefits are prorated based on the date of hire and hours worked. Eligibility is dependent upon FTE, status, etc.
For the most up-to-date and comprehensive list of our job openings, please visit our career page.