Family Shelter - Residential Counselor
- Austin, TX
- Full Time
- Family Shelter
Family Shelter-Residential Counselor
Family Shelter seeks a full-time Residential Counselor. The Residential Counselor provides trauma informed, strengths based individual, group, and family counseling to adult and child survivors of sexual and domestic violence.
- SAFE’s mission is our name: Stop Abuse For Everyone. We achieve our mission by acknowledging and responding to the intersection of child abuse, sexual assault, human trafficking, and domestic violence.
- The SAFE Alliance grew out of the courageous work of the Center for Battered Women, the Austin Rape Crisis Center, and the Austin Children’s Shelter, all respected, women-led human service agencies created by volunteers and informed by survivors who needed support, safety and justice.
- With over 20 programs and 400 staff, we have been serving the Austin community and beyond for over 30 years.
- The SAFE Alliance strongly encourages members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including Black, Indigenous, and people of color; LGBTQ+ identified people; gender-nonconforming people; individuals with disabilities; veterans; and people who speak a language in addition to English.
About this position:
- providing therapeutic insight into goal planning and staffing sessions for clients.
- Possess a Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling, or related field AND professional clinical licensure in the state of Texas (LMSW, LCSW, LPC- Associate, LPC, LMFT-Associate, and LMFT). Intern or associate-level applicants must procure their own board-approved supervisor outside of the agency.
- Demonstrated knowledge or background in the topics of sexual assault, domestic violence, homelessness, commercial sex trafficking, race based trauma, poverty, and disabilities.
- Have an understanding of assessment tools, trauma informed services and group dynamics.
- Must have at least one year experience providing therapeutic services to adults, children and families.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- This position may require driving in between SAFE campuses and in the community as necessary.
- Pass all required criminal history background checks (including an FBI fingerprint check), as well as a pre-employment drug screen and TB test.
- All employees are required to comply with policies regarding COVID-19, which may be subject to change. COVID vaccines are still highly recommended, and we encourage employees to get vaccinated if they are able.
About our benefits:
- Full-time employees receive employer paid health insurance, short-term disability, and life insurance. *
- Optional dental, vision and pet insurance. *
- 403(b) retirement plan with an employer match, and 15 days of Paid Time Off (PTO), 4 Personal Holidays, 7 Paid holidays, and more*
- We’ll provide you with an amazing work environment where you’ll get to make a difference every day.
*Benefits are prorated based on date of hire and hours worked. Eligibility is dependent upon FTE, status, etc.
For the most up-to-date list of job openings at SAFE, please visit our job board!