Recruitment & Training Manager
Recruitment and Training Manager
Under the general direction of the Chief Human Resources Officer, this position is responsible for the coordination and tracking of all agency recruitment needs and training requirements. The Recruitment and Training Manager provides leadership, support, advocacy and vision to hiring managers and will identify and monitor recruitment and training needs in the organization, as well as design, plan, implement and oversee training programs in collaboration with departmental leadership and compliance.
- SAFE’s mission is our name: Stop Abuse For Everyone. We achieve our mission by acknowledging and responding to the intersection of child abuse, sexual assault, human trafficking, and domestic violence.
- The SAFE Alliance grew out of the courageous work of the Center for Battered Women, the Austin Rape Crisis Center, and the Austin Children’s Shelter, all respected, women-led human service agencies created by volunteers and informed by survivors who needed support, safety and justice.
- With over 20 programs and 400 staff, we have been serving the Austin community and beyond for over 30 years.
- The SAFE Alliance strongly encourages members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including Black, Indigenous, and people of color; LGBTQ+ identified people; gender-nonconforming people; individuals with disabilities; veterans; and people who speak a language in addition to English.
About this position:
- We need you to fill the role of Recruitment & Training Manager. This is a full-time, exempt position at our position at our Rathgeber Village Campus. Due to COVID-19 precautions, this position will be hybrid, with the expectation that you are able to come to the office on a weekly basis to perform in-person duties. We will pay you an annual salary of $55,000 (UPDATED 6/3/22)
- Ensures compliance and displays a high level of resilience when coordinating across all departments and/or externally to ensure employee and agency compliance with legislative, contractual and organizational regulations, standards, policies and procedures.
- Exercises exceptional decision quality in the development of training strategies and protocols, as well as in guiding their implementation and ongoing delivery.
- Effectively works to cultivate relationships at all levels of the organization and values differences when working with various stakeholders and responding to SAFE employee recruitment and training needs.
- Employs resourcefulness when exploring resources and platforms for recruitment, developing new training programs, and/or modifying and improving existing programs.
- Thinks resourcefully when assisting with the development of the annual recruitment and training plan and budget.
- Maintains the training calendar.
- Develops, conducts and facilitates required and recommended human resources related trainings.
- Posts jobs, screen resumes and application materials for minimum qualifications.
- Develops new strategies to attract candidates.
- Respects opinions and values differences when conducting special focus groups, exit interviews, and other meetings aimed toward increased staff engagement and retention.
- Is consistently above board, beyond reproach and trustworthy when handling confidential staff information.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Training and Development or other related field, SHRM Talent Acquisition Specialty Credential a plus.
- Three years’ recruiting experience required and one year in training and development, applicants without recruiting experience will not be considered. Strong preference for experience in the non-profit or human services sector.
- Minimum of one year experience supervising or training staff or volunteers.
- Through understanding of recruiting methods and best practices, as well as applicable policies, federal, state and local employment laws and regulations.
- Above average experience with various technical programs including but not limited too: Microsoft Office Suite, Google suite, Sharepoint, HRIS, ATS, LMS, Video Conference software, etc.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills (Virtual and In-person).
- Must maintain flexibility and show demonstrated ability to take responsibility for a diverse number of projects and complete them in a timely manner with limited supervision.
- Pass all required criminal history background checks (including an FBI fingerprint check); have a valid Texas driver’s license and provide Department of Public Safety proof of driving record acceptable to agency insurers for the past three years; as well as pass a pre-employment drug screen and TB test.
- All employees are required to comply with policies regarding COVID-19, which may be subject to change. COVID vaccines are still highly recommended, and we encourage employees to get vaccinated if they are able.
About our benefits:
- Full-time employees receive employer paid health insurance, short-term disability, and life insurance. *
- Optional dental, vision and pet insurance. *
- 403(b) retirement plan with an employer match, and 15 days of Paid Time Off (PTO), 4 Personal Holidays, 7 Paid holidays, and more*
- We’ll provide you with an amazing work environment where you’ll get to make a difference every day.
*Benefits are prorated based on date of hire and hours worked. Eligibility is dependent upon FTE, status, etc.
For the most up-to-date and comprehensive list of our job openings, please visit our career page.