Resident Advisor Shift Manager
Resident Advisor Shift Manager
Family Shelter seeks a Resident Advisor Shift Manager: The Manager is primarily responsible for providing supervision to the 24/7 weekend and relief Resident Advisor Team at SAFE's Family Shelter, and oversight to program services that promote the safety, healing, and empowerment of survivors residing in the shelter.
- SAFE’s mission is our name: Stop Abuse For Everyone. We achieve our mission by acknowledging and responding to the intersection of child abuse, sexual assault, human trafficking, and domestic violence.
- The SAFE Alliance grew out of the courageous work of the Center for Battered Women, the Austin Rape Crisis Center, and the Austin Children’s Shelter, all respected, women-led human service agencies created by volunteers and informed by survivors who needed support, safety and justice.
- With over 20 programs and 400 staff, we have been serving the Austin community and beyond for over 30 years.
- The SAFE Alliance strongly encourages members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including Black, Indigenous, and people of color; LGBTQ+ identified people; gender-nonconforming people; people with disabilities; veterans; and people who speak a language in addition to English.
About this position:
- We need you to fill the role of Resident Advisor Shift Manager. This is a FULL TIME, NON-EXEMPT position at our Family Shelter. We will pay you an annual salary of $47,000-$50,600. Applicants bilingual in the English and Spanish language will be offered a salary closer to the higher end of the scale because of the language differential for those who are bilingual in English and Spanish. This position provides supervision to the Resident Advisor Team which is a 24/7 program team.
- The shift available will be:
- Tuesday-Saturday 4pm-12am OR Sunday-Thursday 4pm-12am
- Other days and times may be required based off the scheduling needs of the team or meetings.
- Directly supervises weekend and relief Resident Advisor Team.
- Supports shelter staff in providing an environment that is welcoming, inclusive, and client focused.
- Provide oversight for program services that include weekend admissions & intake, front desk reception & security and front desk support.
- Assists clients with crisis intervention, cooperative living support, and problem solving & conflict resolution.
- Demonstrate ability to manage emotions and perform in high pressure and/or crisis situation with calm, care, and unconditional positive regard for clients.
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain a trauma informed, victim centered environment through staff coaching, vicarious trauma support, and supporting trauma informed approaches to clients.
- Ensures that there is weekend RA coverage and assists staff in securing relief staff when needed.
- This position will floats on the weekend to cover shifts as needed.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or a related field.
- Two years’ experience in direct client work required. Preference given to experience in a residential, crisis, and/or homeless or domestic violence shelter program.
- Two years of supervisory experience.
- Pass all required criminal history background checks (including an FBI fingerprint check), as well a pre-employment drug screen and TB test.
- Applicants bilingual in English and Spanish strongly encouraged to apply.
- All employees are required to comply with policies regarding COVID-19, which may be subject to change. COVID vaccines are still highly recommended, and we encourage employees to get vaccinated if they are able.
About our benefits:
- Full-time employees receive employer paid health insurance, short-term disability, and life insurance.*
- Optional dental, vision and pet insurance.*
- 403(b) retirement plan with an employer match, and 15 days of Paid Time Off (PTO), 4 Personal Holidays, 7 Paid holidays, and more.*
- We’ll provide you with an amazing work environment where you’ll get to make a difference every day.
*Benefits are prorated based on date of hire and hours worked. Eligibility is dependent upon FTE, status, etc.
For the most up-to-date and comprehensive list of our job openings, please visit our career page.